error -2147024891, anyone?

s_m_b

We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
serverXML to send a request to another server.

Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
objHTTP.send sxMLRequest

the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server can
see/respond correctly.

However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
comes back.

I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what, and
haven't managed to google anything useful yet.

At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
something?

s_m_b

ah - since found this.
Seems Service Pack 2 for MSXML Parser 4.0 is a potential script breaker.
the line
Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")

has to change to
Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")

Haven't found this anywhere on MSKB though?

Anthony Jones

s_m_b said:
We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
serverXML to send a request to another server.

Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
objHTTP.send sxMLRequest

the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server can
see/respond correctly.

However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
comes back.

I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what, and
haven't managed to google anything useful yet.

At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
something?

It would be easier if you showed us more of the relevant code.

The creation of DOM object has no impact on calling the send method of the
objHTTP object (what ever that is you have shown its creation). It would
also be useful to see what type of resource you are accessing and whether
you making a call back to the same server.

However you should avoid 4.0. You should use version specific prog IDs for
either 6.0 (if you have installed) or 3.0 (if you don't want to install 6.0
or don't have access to).

The progID you should be using are:-

MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0

and