Error:<authentication mode="Windows" />

Frank Dulk

Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40:
Line 41: <!-- AUTHORIZATION

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pscep\psc\PesquisaTalao\web.config Line:
39

Josh Twist

Sounds like your application is running in a folder below another
application. You need to create it as an application in IIS (so it
looks like a virtual directory) - otherwise you can't change certain
settings such as the authentication mode.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Frank Dulk

The virtual directory already this servant but it still continues the same
mistake.

James

I could not get rid of this errror so I deleted the line and now my system
works fine.

Not sure I would recomend this though as I am a new user, and this may have
hidden affects.

James

preetha bai

i get the error

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
application in IIS.

and

Source Error:

Line 34: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
Line 35: -->
Line 36: <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Line 37: <!--
Line 38: The <customErrors> section enables configuration

how can i solve this problem?