Error: (Client found response content type...)

Soheil

I use webservice to connect to a server on Internet and sometimes(not
always), I recieve this error on calling webserice member functions.

Error:
**********************************
Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0"
URL="http://iransaham.com/dataservice.asmx"></HEAD><BODY>

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey Hasan

This may be happening because the Web service call is failing after the
proxy has invoked the service. The proxy expects XML back but is, for
example, receiving an HTTP error. If the error were in the Web service
itself, then you would more likely receive a SoapException.

To troubleshoot this issue, set breakpoints in the Web service and in the
proxy, and try to find out where the call is failing.

Jeffrey Hasan, MCSD
President, Bluestone Partners, Inc.

Duvaraganath B R

Hi Jeffrey

Adding the Soheil's question, here is the exact scenario where I get the
error. But I do not know how to solve it.

I use soap extension on my web service for encrypting and decrypting the
message. I tried to debug the web service also, it is not even reaching
there.

As soon as I make a call to the web service, my calls goes to before
deserialize and here I am getting the error, the Stream which I am
getting is having blank string. With this I am getting the XmlException
and inturns gives the error.

Also, this error comes only when I leave the application idle for say 20
min or so. I thought, it may be because of the session timeout, so
changed the timeout from 20 min to 1 hour, but still having the problem.

I am stuck here....

Exepecting your help on this.

Thanks in Advance
Duva