Client found response content type of 'application/dime', but expected 'text/xml' error

daryl

I have a situation where a webservice has worked fine in a development
environment, but when placed into production has stopped working
(although at one time it was).

Using WSE 2.0/DIME, we wrote a simple File Transfer and retrieval
service, which has to pass through a firewall (the only real difference
between dev and production -- at the time).

Originally, the error was this:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure
channel for SSL/TLS. Inner Exception: The function completed
successfully, but must be called again to complete the context

However, I located a resource on the web
(http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2004/05/08/128394.aspx) which
recommended this code. This change was not required on the development
environment or test environment, but the functionality worked in
development so I thought we were OK.

public class MySubClassedWebService : MyWebServiceWse {
private static PropertyInfo requestPropertyInfo = null;

public MySubClassedWebService(){}

protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
{
WebRequest request = base.GetWebRequest(uri);

if (requestPropertyInfo==null)
// Retrieve property info and store it in a static member
for optimizing future use
requestPropertyInfo =
request.GetType().GetProperty("Request");

// Retrieve underlying web request
HttpWebRequest webRequest =
(HttpWebRequest)requestPropertyInfo.GetValue(request,null);

// Setting KeepAlive
webRequest.KeepAlive = false;
return request;

Unfortunately, on the production server (Windows Server 2003), it
doesn't work unless you replace "return request; " with "return
webRequest;" Making the change then works for calls made to the server.
Progress! Sort of...

This solved 1/2 the problem in that it now succeeds with any non-DIME
calls.
However, when a call to the web service is made to retrieve a file via
DIME, the following error occurs. This problem occurs both on
production and development.

Client found response content type of 'application/dime', but expected
'text/xml'

I have verified the following:
-- same version of WSE (2.0 SP2)
-- WebService on production connection settings are correct
-- Same problem occurred on the machine when we were running Windows
2000

Anyone have any suggestions?