Error:cx_Oracle.DatabaseError: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Discussion in 'Python' started by dinesh1393, Oct 25, 2018.

  1. dinesh1393

    dinesh1393

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2018
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:

    I am trying to connect the Oracle database from Python IDLE with below code but getting an error.
    Can anyone help me on this.
    import cx_Oracle

    conn = cx_Oracle.connect('hr/hr@Sony-PC/XE')
    print(conn)

    Error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:/Python/25_10(2).py", line 3, in <module>
    conn = cx_Oracle.connect('hr/hr@Sony-PC/XE')
    cx_Oracle.DatabaseError: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

    I have done the below prerequisites before executing the code.
    1.Installed Oracle 11 g 64 bit Express edition.(created username/password: hr/hr)
    2.Installed Python 3.7.1 64 bit.(automatically the PATH has been set)
    3.Installed the cx_Oracle package using below command.
    python -m pip install cx_Oracle --upgrade pip
    (currently this is having 18.1 version)
    4.Downloaded the Oracle Instant client 64 bit and set the PATH in system variable. ;C:\instantclient-basic-windows.x64-11.2.0.4.0\instantclient_11_2
    5.Installed the Microsoft Windows Redistributables for client library.
    6.Tried executing the below code but getting error.
    import cx_Oracle
    conn = cx_Oracle.connect('hr/hr@Sony-PC/XE')
    print(conn)
    Note : attached is the TNS file content. Please refer

    Thanks,
    Dinesh

    Attached Files:

    • TNS.jpg