ORA-12154 vs ASP.NET, work with VB.NET ?!?!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DavidTurcotte, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Hi

    I have been working on this bugs for the last 2 days and i am out of
    gas.

    i have a ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name error message
    when i try to acces an Oracle database

    The same piece of code work in VB.NET

    Here's more information

    1) I do connect with SQL+ or Toad
    2) I have 2 oracle client. 9i and 10g. 10g is the Oracle Default.
    3) With 10G, no more need of tnsnames.ora, (i'll post my sqlnet.ora
    later)
    4) IWAM,IUSR,ASP.NET all have full control on the OraDEV10g folder
    5) IWAM,IUSR,ASP.NET all have full control on bin folder & sqlnet.ora
    file
    6) TNS_ADMIN is set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ and point to
    C:\OraDEV10g\network\admin
    7) ORACLE_HOME is set in the environnement variable (value is
    C:\OraDEV10g)
    8) I have AllFusion Harvest as source control
    9) i have <authorization><deny users="?"/></authorization> in my
    web.config

    i am a desesperate man rigth now. believe it.

    here is my SQLNET.ORA Configuration file

    NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world
    NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (ONAMES,tnsnames)
    NAMES.PREFERRED_SERVERS =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr1)(PORT = 1575))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr0)(PORT = 1575))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr2)(PORT = 1575))
    )

    LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\orant\Network\Log
    TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\orant\Network\trace
    TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = on
    TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = off

    DavidTurcotte, Jun 29, 2006