Error in Signtool ("Personal" certificate store not found)

Thang Nguyen

Hi,

I got thes error below complaining about “Personal†certificate store was
not found, but it was there as seen on the certmgr.msc screen. Any idea what
I may have missed. This certificate is the one that I recently received from
Root Authority and it is stored in “Personal†certificate store by default.
Thanks

C:\testsign>Signtool sign /v /s Personal /n "SST" /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll sepdrv.sys

SignTool Error: The "Personal" certificate store was not found.
Number of files successfully Signed: 0
Number of warnings: 0
Number of errors: 1

Thang Nguyen

Hi,

thank you. It works.
Also, how do you find the correct certificate name for option /n ?
Currently in order to have it signed successfully, I don't use /n at all and
since MY store only has one certificate, it will select that one.

C:\testsign>signtool sign /v /s MY /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll sepdrv.sys

It does not seem to accept the long certificate name with space in between
such as "ABCD EFGS XXXX - x64 kernel drivers". Should I use the string from
Subject field for certificate name?

Thanks

Dominick Baier

well,

the help says:

Specify the Subject Name of the signing cert

dominick