error on my .asp code HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Coby Herd, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. Coby Herd

    Coby Herd Guest

    I keep getting the error message -

    Error Type:
    Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    Unrecognized database format 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blog\db\blog.mdb'.
    /blog/admin/Default.asp, line 14

    and I have no idea what to do about it. Can anybody help me or send me in
    the right direction?

    I on a Win2K machine trying to access a database on localhost

    --
    Coby L. Herd
    CaterData

    Coby Herd, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Coby Herd

    Evertjan. Guest

    Coby Herd wrote on 27 dec 2006 in
    Show your code that opens the database ans show which line is nr 14.

    Evertjan., Dec 27, 2006

  3. Can you open the mdb file in Access?

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 27, 2006
  4. Coby Herd

    Mike Brind Guest

    It's highly likely that you have a corrupted database file. If you can open
    the db in Access, use the Compact and Repair option under Tools. If you
    can't, see if anyone in the microsoft.public.access group can help.

    Mike Brind, Dec 28, 2006
  5. Coby Herd

    Bob Barrows Guest

    You didn't show us the code that produced this error, but if I had to guess,
    I would say you are using the wrong provider in your connection string. Go
    to www.connectionstrings.com to see the correct connection string for
    connecting to an Access 2007 file.

    Bob Barrows, Nov 21, 2009
  6. Coby Herd

    Evertjan. Guest

    Shamsa Kanwal wrote on 21 nov 2009 in
    Seems your Jet engine is not up to it.

    Trust M$, that possibly there is no newer engine, Bob will know.

    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810810.aspx>

    Evertjan., Nov 21, 2009
  7. Coby Herd

    Bob Barrows Guest

    It's a new version of Jet that's completely divorced from the old one ...

    Bob Barrows, Nov 21, 2009