Error with a simple sqrt

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by gamo, Oct 23, 2013.

  1. gamo

    gamo Guest

    Hello everybody

    I have a simple program that compiles and run under gcc 4.2.4

    Now I have gcc 4.8.1 and it's much strict

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <math.h>

    unsigned long int x,y;

    int main (void){
    y = 12345;
    x=0;

    if (x < sqrt(y)) return 0;
    return 1;
    }

    It says 'undefined reference to sqrt' or something similar in spanish.

    ld exit with error 1

    What can I do for being accepted by the compiler?

    TIA

    PS: I try to ijnclude stdlib.h but doesn't seem related

    gamo, Oct 23, 2013

  2. The comp.lang.c FAQ is at http://www.c-faq.com/.

    You've just asked question 14.3.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 23, 2013

  3. gamo

    gamo Guest

    Thank you very much. I will read the entire FAQ

    gamo, Oct 23, 2013