[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

George Sakkis

Ilias Lazaridis said:
Nick said:
You can excuse yourself from this one and stop replying to comments,
but you don't get to unilaterally declare a discussion over.
[...]

The discussion is over.

At least the in-topic one.

Everything else is babbling, hairsplitting, playing an AI which does not
understand writings and all this unproductive garbage.

The Essence is this one, as stated before:

[huge copy paste of previous post]

The Essence is irrelevant.
-
-
-
All your thread are belong to us.
-
-
-

George

Nick Vargish

Grant Edwards said:
I've never understood the problem with long URLs. Many
newsreaders let you click on them. If not, you just cut/paste
it into a browser (with a shellscript a couple lines long, you
can start firefox with the URL on the X clipboard with a single
command).

I use Gnus through a screen session, so when I select and copy a long
URL I get backslash characters in the copied text (as amusing as it
is, w3 is not a satisfying browsing experience for me :^). It's not
hard to manually pick out the backslashes, but it's time consuming and
kind of tedious. I use an open-source terminal app (iTerm under OS X),
so I guess I could hack the "open in browser" function to remove the
backslashes... Hmm...

Side projects aside, URLs less than 79 characters long are just easier
to handle in many ways.

Nick

Ilias Lazaridis

George said:
Ilias Lazaridis said:
Nick said:
You can excuse yourself from this one and stop replying to comments,
but you don't get to unilaterally declare a discussion over.
[...]

The discussion is over.

At least the in-topic one.

Everything else is babbling, hairsplitting, playing an AI which does not
understand writings and all this unproductive garbage.

The Essence is this one, as stated before:

[huge copy paste of previous post]

The Essence is irrelevant.

It seems that this is true.
-
-
-
All your thread are belong to us.

This is true ["us" = a few off-topic-freaks]
-
-
-

George

[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler
Essence:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/5ba2a0ba55d4c102

..

Markus Wankus

George said:
Nick said:
You can excuse yourself from this one and stop replying to comments,
but you don't get to unilaterally declare a discussion over.

[...]

The discussion is over.

At least the in-topic one.

Everything else is babbling, hairsplitting, playing an AI which does not
understand writings and all this unproductive garbage.

The Essence is this one, as stated before:

[huge copy paste of previous post]

The Essence is irrelevant.
-
-
-
All your thread are belong to us.
-
-
-

For great justice!

;o)

Peter Maas

Fredrik said:
+00: googled for the mingw home page
+00: found the mingw download page
+02: finally figured out what to download
+03: noticed that my usual SF site only offered 1K/s; aborted download
+07: finished downloading the mingw kit from another SF site
+17: finished installing
+18: added \mingw\bin to the path
+18: typed "python setup.py install --compiler=mingw32"
+18: got a linker error; googled for help
+19: copied python24.dll to \mingw\lib
+20: finished building the sample library (cElementTree); all tests pass

Impressive. How did you record the minutes? ;) I'd like to know wether
this is a single observation or true for most if not all your MinGW
builds?

I used Borland's C++ Compiler (free and commercial) and had frequently
to tweak .def files and the source to make it work. I also had to
transform the python dll with COFF2OMF because the library interfaces
of python.dll and the Borland binaries were different.

If your MinGW experience described above is typical then I'll get a
stop watch and give it a try ;)

Grant Edwards

The Essence is this one, as stated before:

[huge copy paste of previous post]

The Essence is irrelevant.
-
All your thread are belong to us.
-

For great justice!

;o)

[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler
Essence:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/5ba2a0ba55d4c102

Um, you realize that nobody in this thread takes you the least
bit seriously and people are just poking you with a stick to
watch you jump?

Ilias Lazaridis

Stephen Kellett wrote:
[...]
Who's Guido?

Guido is the one, who should care by time about the status of the
python-community.

-

I've send an addition CC of this message to the python-foundation, which
will hopefully take some steps to improve the build-system.

[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler
Essence:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/5ba2a0ba55d4c102

-

Thank's for every bit of contribution, which has made this thread an
worthfull insight into the python-community.

..

Nick Vargish

Ilias Lazaridis said:
Guido is the one, who should care by time about the status of the
python-community.

That one crashed my parser.
Thank's for every bit of contribution, which has made this thread an
worthfull insight into the python-community.

To really get a sense of the Python "community" (at least the Usenet
branch), you should see how it responds to typical questions and
requests for help. The response you received is not really typical,
because your attitude has been atypical.

Just sayin',

Nick