[EVALUATION] - E03e - The Ruby Object Model (Summary)

Jon A. Lambert

Ilias said:
I cannot.

I've still on task active:

finding a concise name.

I find greek letters and fruit useful to move on beyond recursive analysis
paralysis.

banana

On the other hand, should you eventually discover the "true" name of an
object, you can wield great power over that object.

banana.sit
banana.roll_over
banana.play_dead

Ilias Lazaridis

Ilias said:
Ilias said:
Ilias said:
Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
[...]

sso = Specializing Singleton Object

specializing: possibly confronting with existent OO terminology

behaviour: not only (structure is modified,too)

"singleton class" => rejected [has specific meaning]

conflicting with existent definitin: "class which can have only one
instance".

=> xclass

term accepted.
Customizes Object
obj.customizing_class
obj.cclass
obj.custom

..

Ilias Lazaridis

Jon said:
I find greek letters and fruit useful to move on beyond recursive
analysis paralysis.

I do not.

=> exclusive_class or xclass

thread closed.

..

Lyndon Samson

I do not.

=> exclusive_class or xclass

thread closed.

I apologise to the gentler readers of this list for contributing to
the lunacy but...

<HomerSimpson>
thread goes open
thread goes closed