Event not firing. Adding controls dynamically to UserControl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by nitin, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. nitin

    nitin Guest

    I am adding controls to the UserControl dynamically and
    then loading the UserControl Dynamically.But I am facing
    problem with firing of click event of one of the buttons
    within the UserControl.It does not fire.
    If I do the same thing in a aspx page instead of a user
    control then the event fires perfectly.

    Adding of dynamic control in the User control is being
    done as follows:

    Page_Load
    {
    ///
    ///
    //
    Table tbl = new Table();
    tbl.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
    this.Controls.Add(tbl);
    TableRow tr;
    TableCell td;
    btnSkipReg.ImageUrl = "../Images/btn_skip_reg.gif";
    btnSkipReg.ID = "btnSkipReg";
    btnSkipReg.Style.Add("cursor", "hand");
    tr = new TableRow();
    td = new TableCell();
    td.Controls.Add(btnSkipReg);
    tr.Cells.Add(td);
    tbl.Rows.Add(tr);

    ///
    ///

    ///
    }

    private void InitializeComponent()
    {
    this.btnSkipReg.Click += new
    System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventHandler(this.SkipReg_Click);
    }

    private void SkipRegistration_Click(object sender,
    System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e)
    {

    string redirectURL = "OrderConfUI.aspx";
    Response.Redirect(redirectURL, true);
    }

    nitin, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Are you dynamically loading and adding the usercontrol at runtime? Or are
    you adding it at design-time? A common problem for controls not firing
    events happens when they're added too late in the control lifecycle (ie.
    after Load).

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jul 17, 2003

  3. nitin

    nitin Guest

    Hi Victor,

    heres the code.

    public class RegistrationUI : CompanyName.UI.Page.PageHost
    {
    protected UCSPGCIRegistration FormControl;

    FormControl= (UserControlClassName)LoadControl
    ("FormControl.ascx");
    this.Controls.Add(FormControl);

    Thanks for the help.

    Nitin

    nitin, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Hi Nitin,

    Did you solved this?

    Try changing the loading code to Init instead of Load and let me know if the
    problem still persists,

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jul 20, 2003
  5. Hi,

    This got solved.I had to set the usercontrol's ID while loading the user
    control, and it worked.

    Thanks for the help anyway.

    Regards,
    Nitin Khungar

    nitin khungar, Jul 21, 2003
  6. Can you post what the code looks like now? I'm having a similar problem.

    Patrick Sullivan, Jul 23, 2003