Event not firing.adding dynamic controls to Usercontrol.

nitin khungar

I am adding controls to the UserControl dynamically and then loading the
UserControl Dynamically.But I am facing problem with firing of click
event of one of the buttons within the UserControl.It does not fire.
If I do the same thing in a aspx page instead of a user control then the
event fires perfectly.

Adding of dynamic control in the User control is being done as follows:

Page_Load
{
///
///
//
Table tbl = new Table();
tbl.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
this.Controls.Add(tbl);
TableRow tr;
TableCell td;
btnSkipReg.ImageUrl = "../Images/btn_skip.gif";
btnSkipReg.ID = "btnSkipReg";
btnSkipReg.Style.Add("cursor", "hand");
tr = new TableRow();
td = new TableCell();
td.Controls.Add(btnSkipReg);
tr.Cells.Add(td);
tbl.Rows.Add(tr);

///
///

///
}

private void InitializeComponent()
{
this.btnSkipReg.Click += new
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventHandler(this.SkipReg_Click);
}

private void SkipRegistration_Click(object sender,
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e)
{

string redirectURL = "abc.aspx";
Response.Redirect(redirectURL, true);

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Are you dynamically loading and adding the usercontrol at runtime? Or are
you adding it at design-time? A common problem for controls not firing
events happens when they're added too late in the control lifecycle (ie.
after Load).

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

nitin

Hi Victor,

heres the code.

public class RegistrationUI : CompanyName.UI.Page.PageHost
{
protected UCSPGCIRegistration FormControl;

FormControl= (UserControlClassName)LoadControl
("FormControl.ascx");
this.Controls.Add(FormControl);

Thanks for the help.

Nitin

nitin

Hi,

This got solved.I had to set the usercontrol's ID while

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards,
Nitin Khungar