Event not firing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi there,

    I have a problem, with a button event which I cannot understand how to fire.

    I have a class which I've built to display modals using the AJAX
    ModalPopupExtender.

    To use it I instantiate the class, tells it what kind of modal I want, then
    I recieve a ModalPopupExtender, and a panel where the popup is defined.

    So far no problems, the question is, how do I fire the click event that is
    defined to the button inside the panel that I'm recieving.

    I have tried:
    Defining the event in my modal class, and adding that eventmethod to my
    code-behind file. (It does not trigger the event)
    Defining the event in my codebehind using Findcontrol on the panel that I
    receieve from my class (It does not trigger the event)

    Any suggenstions on how to catch the click-event?

    Best regards,
    Peter!

    Peter, Sep 23, 2009

  2. Peter

    Allen Guest

    The events are created to fire! I do not know what you put between the { }.
    If you are in doubt, delete everything and between the {}, write the
    following between the {}: MessageBox::Show("I am good boy/girl ",L"Goodness
    "); if it fires, That means your code have problem. If it does not fire
    there is something to be concerned about.

    Allen, Sep 24, 2009