EventLogTraceListener Security Exception

clintonG

I 'think' my problem is the result of my attempts to use an
EventLogTraceListener as I am getting an Security Exception
as follows in this scenario...

XP SP1a IIS 5.1 (new install with all updates applied)
ASP.NET Machine Account: Read & Execute, List, Read (added)

After submitting the error message to Google and reading of solutions
to 'similar but not the same' problems that share the same error message
I tried using aspnet_regiis.exe to no avail. I've tried setting the Runtime
Security Policy All_Code LocalIntranet_Zone to Full Trust and no joy.
The problem seems to be that the application can not access the
Registry. Now I'm clueless. The error message follows...

allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required
permission please contact your system administrator or change the
application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException:
Requested registry access is not allowed.

Line 56: Debug.WriteLine("END: TraceSwitch");

Can someone shed some light on how I should reconfigure?