Security Exception when Deploying to IIS

ZZ_Scarab

Hi,

When trying to deploy a test web site to a IIS on my local machine, I get
the exception below. The website runs without any problems under VS 2005's
Development Web Server. I have created a separate dphysical folder from my
development solution's folder, as well as an IIS Virtual Directory. I have
also added the ASPNET user to the list having access to the EventLog resource
in the registry (and rebooted my computer following that). However, when
trying to view the Effective Permissions, I get the message:

Windows cannot calculate the effective permissions for the ASP.NET Machine
Account.

I don't know how relevant this is. Is it?

Also, when trying to view the membership list for the APSNET account in the
User Properties in the Computer Management Console, I get the following error
message:

The following error occured while attempting to read the properties for the
user ASPNET:

The Server service is not started.

Again I don't know how relevant that is.

For the exception below, I'm using Forms Authentication and Anonymous Access
is turned off. An excerpt from my web.config file is;

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="MyCookie" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" defaultUrl="Start.aspx"
timeout="1" path="/" cookieless="UseCookies" protection="All" />
</authentication>
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

However, I have also tried Windows Authentication and got the same result.

I'm also using XCopy to deploy the web site. If I try to publish it instead,
I get the same exception but with a longer call stack.

There is also a manual service that is normally not started called ASP.NET
State Server. However, starting that service doesn't help either.

I tried posting to a couple of community sites but have not received answers
that have solved my problem.

I'm completely stymied as to what this exception message is trying to tell
me. I apologize for this being such a long message, but I'm trying to provide
as complete a picture as possible of my environment.

Thank you to anyone who can help resolve this issue for me.

Exception:
------------

Server Error in '/AMTS' Application.

Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry
access is not allowed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.]
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource) +48
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
+2752377
System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.get_FipsAlgorithmPolicy() +134
System.Security.Cryptography.MD5CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +23
System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.AddChecksumPragma(BuildProvider
buildProvider, CodeCompileUnit compileUnit) +191
System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.AddCodeCompileUnit(BuildProvider
buildProvider, CodeCompileUnit compileUnit) +47

System.Web.Compilation.SourceFileBuildProvider.GenerateCode(AssemblyBuilder
assemblyBuilder) +26
System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.AddBuildProvider(BuildProvider
buildProvider) +144