events in usercontrol

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by William Newsom, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Hello Newbie Here

    I have a aspx page , i have a menu bar with items listed, I want the user
    to click on an item and load that user control into a blank panel

    i use this code

    Dim myControl1 As LoginControl = CType(LoadControl("LoginControl.ascx"),
    LoginControl)

    Panel1.Controls.Add(myControl1)

    inside the logincontrol i have a button to logon, that event doesnt fire at
    all.

    If i dont load the control dynamically but instead put a protected
    withevents statement and just hide/show the control i get the event of
    course.

    in microsofts start ups they use controls 99% of the time dynamically loaded
    and unloaded what is the code to do that if you dont want to hide/show a
    bunch of user controls

    William Newsom, Sep 13, 2003