    this vast world of python.

    Thanks,
    --Swordofrue

    swordofrue, Jun 28, 2007

  2. two words: get coding

    what you need is an idea for something to write, and a web browser with
    access to docs.python.org ;-)

    also, the singular is "pythonista", a synonym is "pythoneer" (I prefer
    the latter...)

    The "get coding" principle applies particularly well to python - have a
    look at ESR's "Why Python". http://www.python.org/about/success/esr/

    Thomas Jollans, Jun 28, 2007

  3. Get the Python Cookbook 2d, pick a useful looking project, and adapt
    it for your own needs. Learn by doing. Some people enjoy just doing
    the tutorials with the interpreter open, testing code line by line.
    That works, too. But often the most gratifying is to solve a problem,
    or make a useful script that does something you need, which saves you
    time--time you can invest in learning more Python. :)

    rd

    BartlebyScrivener, Jun 28, 2007