Excel ActiveXObject : adding an image to a cell?

callowaylc

Hey all,

I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere. Essentially I am using
IE & jscript to build a excel page using IE's "new
ActiveXObject("Excel.Application")". Add a string value to a cell is
easy:

sheetObj.Cell(x,y).Value = someString

No problem - but of course, my boss wants to see the company logo at
the top of every dynamically generated excel page, which I have no idea
how to do? Looked all over google without any good leads; tried
variations of ..Value = new Image(..) and I even tried using html as a
string value (apparently I've gotten desperate). What I really need is
a godamn API for the
ActiveXObject("Excel.Application"), which I've had trouble finding as
well. Can anyone help?

Christian

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

[...] my boss wants to see the company logo at the top of every
dynamically generated excel page, which I have no idea how to do?
Looked all over google without any good leads; tried variations
of ..Value = new Image(..) and I even tried using html as a string
value (apparently I've gotten desperate).

Obviously. This was not going to work, ever. Excel is not HTML.
What I really need is a godamn API for the
ActiveXObject("Excel.Application"), which I've had trouble finding as
well. Can anyone help?

You already have the API (Application Programming Interface). You are
looking for a documentation of it, which can be easily found[1] at MSDN:

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odc_2003_ta/html/odc_ancexcel.asp>

In particular, you are looking for

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/vbaxl11/html/xlobjShape1_HV05204994.asp>

HTH

PointedEars
[1]
<URL:http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?siteId=0&tab=0&query=Excel.Application>

callowaylc

"Obviously. This was not going to work, ever. Excel is not HTML. "

- thus the "apparently I've gotten desperate" part of the message.
Thanks for correcting me on the API achro... gosh I'm sure stupid