Excel ActiveXObject : adding an image to a cell?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by callowaylc, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. callowaylc

    callowaylc Guest

    Hey all,

    I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere. Essentially I am using
    IE & jscript to build a excel page using IE's "new
    ActiveXObject("Excel.Application")". Add a string value to a cell is
    easy:

    sheetObj.Cell(x,y).Value = someString

    No problem - but of course, my boss wants to see the company logo at
    the top of every dynamically generated excel page, which I have no idea
    how to do? Looked all over google without any good leads; tried
    variations of ..Value = new Image(..) and I even tried using html as a
    string value (apparently I've gotten desperate). What I really need is
    a godamn API for the
    ActiveXObject("Excel.Application"), which I've had trouble finding as
    well. Can anyone help?

    Christian

    callowaylc, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Obviously. This was not going to work, ever. Excel is not HTML.
    You already have the API (Application Programming Interface). You are
    looking for a documentation of it, which can be easily found[1] at MSDN:

    <URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odc_2003_ta/html/odc_ancexcel.asp>

    In particular, you are looking for

    <URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/vbaxl11/html/xlobjShape1_HV05204994.asp>

    HTH

    PointedEars
    [1]
    <URL:http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?siteId=0&tab=0&query=Excel.Application>

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 28, 2006

  3. callowaylc

    callowaylc Guest

    "Obviously. This was not going to work, ever. Excel is not HTML. "

    - thus the "apparently I've gotten desperate" part of the message.
    Thanks for correcting me on the API achro... gosh I'm sure stupid

    callowaylc, May 1, 2006