Experts Only! How do you fix this problem?

Richard

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:
You could start by taking MY square eye stuff off your home page.
http://geocities.com/r_bullis/

Show me the copyright, dipshit.
That which is not your personal creation can not be copyrighted.
That "eye" is public domain.
It's a wonder you're not bitchin about the other stuff I stole, too.

Neal

Show me the copyright, dipshit.
Charming.

That which is not your personal creation can not be copyrighted.
That "eye" is public domain.

How do you know for sure? Everything's copyrighted unless it has expired
(and no computer-altered images are even close to expiration) or has been
explicitly placed in public domain by the owner of the copyright.
It's a wonder you're not bitchin about the other stuff I stole, too.

So you admit to stealing intellectual property and using it on your site?

SpaceGirl

Neal said:
How do you know for sure? Everything's copyrighted unless it has expired
(and no computer-altered images are even close to expiration) or has
been explicitly placed in public domain by the owner of the copyright.

So you admit to stealing intellectual property and using it on your site?

Sounds like it. Who wants to be first to report him to his host? ;)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:
..which yields:
<META content=Duende name=Author>

Hey, I got that backwards. :( Fixed on the real site.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:
..which yields:
<META content=Duende name=Author>

<singsong>Bullis is a thief .. Bullis is a thief .. </singsong>

He's not even a good thief.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
He's not even a good thief.

All the links even still point to your site (though most of them are
hidden under the ads). Think of it as extra traffic. ;-)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:
All the links even still point to your site (though most of them are
hidden under the ads). Think of it as extra traffic. ;-)

I think he has no idea how to change anything.

rf

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:

He's not even a good thief.

Mr D, you may wish to read this:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html

This comes from the copyright policy link on geocities.yahoo.com.

Yahoo is pretty clear with its copyright issues. I suggest that if you were
to email them a link to your site and a link to bullis's site they would
immediately take the latter down.

It's not simply a case of copyright infringement, its stealing the entire
site.

I note that a google for square-eye.jpg reveals 6 hits, none of which are
yours so how could anybody find it in the public domain?

Good luck :)

C.W.

Mr D, you may wish to read this:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html

This comes from the copyright policy link on geocities.yahoo.com.

Yahoo is pretty clear with its copyright issues. I suggest that if you were
to email them a link to your site and a link to bullis's site they would
immediately take the latter down.

Yahoo has also developed a good reputation in their handling of
copyright claims. Many a Yahoo Group or GeoCities was deleted without
question if the copyright-holding party presented sound evidence of
the other person copying their work.

A copy of Richard's post sharing his admission would also help
support Duende's claims as it would show Yahoo that Duende did ask for
the content to be removed. And Richard basically admitting,
publically, it did come from Duende's site.

Trivia: Don''t send attachments to Yahoo - those emails won't be
opened. If you get an auto-generated email for some reason then
respond to that restating essentially what you already wrote [without
deleting any of the quoted portions] and offer to send them any
attachments needed for comparison on their side.

Carol

Kevin J. Cheek

Copyright is implied as soon as a work is published, RtS.

In the U.S., any published work automatically has a copyright, whether
it's filed or not. Which technically includes letters, which most likely
includes e-mails.

- Kevin Cheek

Hywel Jenkins

I'd be flattered if I were you. That "square eye" image could be knocked
up in Windows Paint by David Blunkett.

That's not the point, and it's not true.