[expletive deleted] checkboxlist datavaluefield

Paul Bryant

Having spent several fruitless hours trying to set the value of checkboxes
in a checkboxlist control, and then another hour or two searching google
discovering many other people with the same problem (but no working
solutions) I finally came across a reference to a post in this group from a
MS support pro saying this is not possible. OK, the control inherits this
member from ListControl, but please please please could ms update the
checkboxlist documentation
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemWebUIWebContr
olsCheckBoxListMembersTopic.asp?frame=true) to point this out and save other
developers from the same frustration? And sort it out in the next SP? This
would seem like such an obvious thing to want...

I can use a multiple select listbox as a (less intuitive) workaround, or
create a repeater that looks like a checkboxlist, but I mean, come on -
please point out that DataValueField has NO EFFECT on checkboxlists.

Unless someone knows different?...

Yours thoroughly frustrated,

Paul Bryant

Alvin Bruney

you can accomplish this easily from javascript. what exactly are you trying
to do?