export to excel

Mike

On my page I'm using an updatepanel, updateProgress, and a ModalProgress,
everything works great But when I try to export my GridView to excel I'm
getting the following error message:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received
from the server could not be parsed. Common cause for this error are when
the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters,
HttpModules, or server trace is enable.

Details: Error parsing near '<div>

How can I get my GridView to export to excel when I have it within the panel
and using the updateProgress and ModalProgress panel with it?
Here is my export code;

Response.Clear();
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=output.xls");
Response.Charset = "";
Response.ContentType = "application/ouput.xls";
System.IO.StringWriter stringWrite = new
System.IO.StringWriter();
System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htmlWrite = new
HtmlTextWriter(stringWrite);
gOutput.RenderControl(htmlWrite);
Response.Write(stringWrite.ToString());
Response.End();