extracting text from textarea !

oLa.admins

Hi folks,
I have a textbox with some text in it, and what I am trying to do is
when user clicks the 'GO' button, take that text from the textarea and
put it into sql database. However I have no idea how to do this, some
folks suggested I should be using the JS to do this. By the way, my
web page is written in php. How do I assign the text from the textarea
to a PHP variable ? Once I have the variable, I can handle the sql-
insert part myself. Just like posting in this website: what should the
script do when I click the 'post message' button to take my message
and insert it in the database ? Your help is invaluable.

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi folks,
I have a textbox with some text in it, and what I am trying to do is
when user clicks the 'GO' button, take that text from the textarea and
put it into sql database. However I have no idea how to do this, some
folks suggested I should be using the JS to do this. By the way, my
web page is written in php. How do I assign the text from the textarea
to a PHP variable ? Once I have the variable, I can handle the sql-
insert part myself. Just like posting in this website: what should the
script do when I click the 'post message' button to take my message
and insert it in the database ? Your help is invaluable.

No Javascript should be involved. Use HTML to have the he GO button
submit the form, and then use PHP to process the form.