Extracting TextBox.Text from within a Datalist

BisMan

I have a datalist called datalist2
I want to get the text from a textbox called textbox1 which is in the
ItemTemplate of the datalist.

In the past I have gotten information out of the create user control in
the following way:
((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.CreateUserStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("StudentID")).Text;
But the same approach doesn't work with the datalist...
Please help!?

Nathan Sokalski

If you are doing it from withing one of the DataList events (such as
ItemCommand) you can do the following:

((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("StudentID")).Text

Just like you were before, only you are accessing the current item using one
of the event arguments

If you are not working in one of the DataList events, use the following:

((TextBox)DataList.Items(item_index).FindControl("StudentID")).Text