fail run asp.net in window 2003( vfpoledb.dll)

Agnes

I can show the login.aspx page in my window2003 IIS6 .
However, after I click the "ok" buttonm it said
The 'VfpOleDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.
(1)I can run the application in my XP professional,
(2)I also install vfpoledb.exe and register the vfpoledb.dll already
(3)I also change the machine.config
<processModel userName="administrator" password="information" />
or <processModel userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" />

however, I still fail to run the asp.net .please help.
Thanks a lot

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Check and make sure you have the Jet provider for MDAC 2.8 installed on the
server. It is a separate install from the data components. The jet engine
controls access to Excel, Access and FoxPro, along with text files, etc.
That should solve your issue.

Agnes

I try to download MDAC 2.8 and then run my code,
Same error.
Now, i want to change the oledb command inot odbc, but i can't find VFP ODBC
in window2003, so I got to d/l vfp odbc. but the control panel didn't show
andy vfp...choice for me

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Gregory,

Jet will only handle DBFs with the older Dbase IV format. To access tables
created with the VFP3 through VFP6 format, VFP ODBC is required. DBFs using
new data features added in VFP7-VFP9 require VFP OLE DB, which will read all
versions of FoxPro DBFs.

Neither VFP ODBC or VFP OLE DB are included in the current version of MDAC,
VFP ODBC is downloadable from
msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates/odbc, and VFP OLE DB is
downloadable from msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates.

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Agnes,

I'm not clear on what you've downloaded and installed.

VFP ODBC is downloadable from
msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates/odbc, and VFP OLE DB is
downloadable from msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates.

Assuming you've installed VFP OLE DB, try creating an empty text document
named Test.udl and double clicking on it to open the Data Link Properties
dialog. On the provider tab in the list of OLE DB Providers, do you see
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro?"

Agnes

Thanks Cindy,But I just search some faq .
It said
[64Bit applications can only use 64bit drivers, since there are no 64bit
ODBC/OLEDB drivers for FoxPro you won't be able to write a 64Bit
application that accesses FoxPro data]

I am very worry about it .

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Agnes,

You had not previously mentioned that you are working with a 64-bit
application.

The VFP OLE DB data provider is for 32-bit applications only. You can use it
on a 64-bit machine with a 32-bit application running in compatibility mode.