FaxDoc on 2000 vs XP

ma81x

I'm trying to send a fax from a web page using the following code.

On development machine with WindowsXP sp2 this works correctly.

On the test machine (Windows 2000 server sp4) this code throws
a "UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied."
on the doc.Send() line.
The CreateObject(...) and the faxServ.Connect(...) works.

The file to send is a pdf and I installed latest acrobat reader on the
server (7.07).
In the Security tab of the fax I set all grants to Everyone.
Everyone has full control on the folder with temporary pdf files.

Please help me.

Dim faxServ As Object 'FaxServer
Dim doc As Object 'FaxDoc

faxServ = CreateObject("FaxServer.FaxServer.1")
faxServ.Connect(Environment.MachineName)

doc = faxServ.CreateDocument(fileName)

doc.FaxNumber = sNum
doc.DisplayName = sNum
doc.FileName = fileName
doc.Send()

faxServ.Disconnect()

In a vbs file i wrote the following, and it works
(but unfortunately an acrobat reader still remain visible)
Dim faxServ
Dim doc

Set faxServ = CreateObject("FaxServer.FaxServer.1")
faxServ.Connect("<machine-name>")

Set doc = faxServ.CreateDocument("1.pdf")
doc.FaxNumber = "+391111"
doc.Send()

Set doc = Nothing
faxServ.Disconnect()
Set faxServ = Nothing

Burak SARICA

I am searching for a way to solve this problem too. Anyone may help?
I get the same error, at the Connect() line. Even i've added the ASPNET
account to the fax's security tab. (in the printers and faxes control
panel page.)

Burak SARICA

ma81x yazmış: