Feedparser problem

Jonathan Nelson

I'm trying to add a feedreader element to my django project. I'm
using Mark Pilgrim's great feedparser library. I've used it before
without any problems. I'm getting a TypeError I can't figure out.
I've tried searching google, bing, google groups to no avail.

Here's the dpaste of what I'm trying to do and the result I'm
getting:

http://dpaste.com/51406/

I've tried checking my firewall settings. I'm using Windows 7 and
Python 2.6. Win 7 is allowing other Python programs through. I've
tried several different RSS urls with the same result.

Aahz

I'm trying to add a feedreader element to my django project. I'm
using Mark Pilgrim's great feedparser library. I've used it before
without any problems. I'm getting a TypeError I can't figure out.
I've tried searching google, bing, google groups to no avail.

Here's the dpaste of what I'm trying to do and the result I'm
getting:

http://dpaste.com/51406/

You're lucky that I felt like taking a look -- that's short enough you
should have just posted it here. Anyway, that's pretty clearly not a
firewall issue, and the only thing I can think of to figure it out given
the lack of a real traceback is to poke around in the feedparser
internals.
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face. It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger." --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23

Peter Otten

Jonathan said:
I'm trying to add a feedreader element to my django project. I'm
using Mark Pilgrim's great feedparser library. I've used it before
without any problems. I'm getting a TypeError I can't figure out.
I've tried searching google, bing, google groups to no avail.

Here's the dpaste of what I'm trying to do and the result I'm
getting: {'bozo':1,
'bozo_exception': TypeError("__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'timeout'",),
'encoding': 'utf-8',
'entries': [],
'feed':{},
'version': None}
I've tried checking my firewall settings. I'm using Windows 7 and
Python 2.6. Win 7 is allowing other Python programs through. I've
tried several different RSS urls with the same result.

Which version of feedparser are you using? In the 4.1 source 'timeout'
occurs only in a comment.

Peter

member thudfoo

I'm trying to add a feedreader element to my django project. I'm
using Mark Pilgrim's great feedparser library. I've used it before
without any problems. I'm getting a TypeError I can't figure out.
I've tried searching google, bing, google groups to no avail.

Here's the dpaste of what I'm trying to do and the result I'm
getting:

http://dpaste.com/51406/

I've tried checking my firewall settings. I'm using Windows 7 and
Python 2.6. Win 7 is allowing other Python programs through. I've
tried several different RSS urls with the same result.

from feedparser 4.1 documentation:

bozo_exception
The exception raised when attempting to parse a non-well-formed feed.

I suspect that unexpected keyword "timeout" appears in the feed's xml
document. You could download the document yourself and have a look.