Problem with special characters in the password field (urllib)

Bernhard Heijstek

Hi,

I'm having problems getting a script that I wrote to check the unread Gmail feed work (http://pastebin.com/FAGyedH0). The script fetches the unread mail feed (https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/) and then parses it using python-feedparser.

The script seems to work fine if I'm not using any special characters like !@#$%^&*() in the password. I tried some pretty basic debugging and saw that the execution stops beyond line 35 whichis where the authentication happens. So I figured that this has got to do something with urrllib and special characters in the password field. I've also tried prefixing the string with 'r' without any success.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Bernhard.