FF problem? page going out on left side

Jan C. Faerber

I wanted to bet I will find the other page with the same problem - but
now it took me already too much time.

yes - it's here.
I only watched it in FF now - well - I could start konqueror or
iceweasel aswell - both similar.
http://www.katschickistan.at/cms/?q=

Here maybe it is a desired layout.
But I am not able to read the letters in the very left area

rf

Jan C. Faerber said:
Is this a (typical) css problem?
Are those pages designed for IE and don't fit in FF windows?

Here I found an example today:
http://www.meerschweinchen-ratgeber.de/forum/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true

I can read 'rname' left of the first form field but I should see the
word:
"Benutzername"

I wanted to bet I will find the other page with the same problem - but
now it took me already too much time.

This is a rather common problem caused by stupid authors who don't know how
to use CSS correctly, and are either too stupid or too lazy to test the
resulting page with a narrow browser window.

Jan C. Faerber

This is a rather common problem  caused by stupid authors who don't know how
to use CSS correctly, and are either too stupid or too lazy to test the
resulting page with a narrow browser window.

thank you rf for your comment!

this another example where I don't understand why they fail to
optimize it for FF:
http://www.evony.com/evonyb1t.html?Yahoonew4
what life is this?

rf

this another example where I don't understand why they fail to
optimize it for FF:http://www.evony.com/evonyb1t.html?Yahoonew4
what life is this?

http://esv-sva.sozvers.at/portal/in...rvices.servicesWindow&p_menuid=7124&p_tabid=6

Here the page is going out on the right
well, but I don't get any scrolling to the right!! huch! FF yeah yeah
yeah!

What *are* you talking about.

The effect you see here is not the fault of Firefox. It is, once again,
clueless authoring.

In fact FF is getting it right. It is IE that is getting it wrong. With
simply everything on the page being floated a scrollbar is not called for.
Clueless authoring.

Jan C. Faerber

In fact FF is getting it right. It is IE that is getting it wrong. With
simply everything on the page being floated a scrollbar is not called for.
Clueless authoring.

Now the latest FF version on linux works different than on windows?
I don't get it right - sorry