File Upload. Root Path.

shapper

Hello,

I am uploading a file as follows:

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

If FileUpload1.HasFile Then
FileUpload1.SaveAs("~\Temporary\" + FileUpload1.FileName)
Label2.Text = "File Uploaded: " + FileUpload1.FileName
Else
Label2.Text = "No File Uploaded."
End If

I get the following error:

The SaveAs method is configured to require a rooted path, and the path
'~\App_Temporary\Red Ceiling Lamp 04 [By27] [Free].jpg' is not rooted.

I know this means I should have SaveAs("C:\...")

But I also know that Temporary is in the same folder then the Aspx
file that has the FileUpload.

Can't I get that root?

Thanks,

Miguel

George Ter-Saakov

Try
FileUpload1.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~\Temporary\" + FileUpload1.FileName))

George.

shapper

[...]

It worked.

Miguel