FindFormForMenuItem

JackRazz

I can't figure out how to find the Form for a MenuItem is on using a reference to the
MenuItem only? I'm looking for something like the FindForm method for controls. I
finally figured out how do do it for components (see below), but I can't figure out
how to do something similar for menu items. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance - JackRazz

Public Shared Function FindFormForComponent(ByVal component As
System.ComponentModel.Component) As Form
Dim i As Integer
Dim container As System.ComponentModel.IContainer = component.Site.Container
Dim components As System.ComponentModel.ComponentCollection =
component.Site.Container.Components
For i = 0 To components.Count - 1
component = CType(components.Item(i), Component)
Dim parentForm As Form
If TypeOf component Is Form Then
Return CType(component, Form)
End If
Next
End Function

Armin Zingler

JackRazz said:
I can't figure out how to find the Form for a MenuItem is on using a
reference to the MenuItem only? I'm looking for something like the
FindForm method for controls. I finally figured out how do do it for
components (see below), but I can't figure out how to do something
similar for menu items. Any ideas?

AFAIS it is not possible. Why do you need it? Maybe you could raise an event
handled by the Form instead? BTW, a menuItem *is* a component.
Please post only to the appropriate groups next time.

--
Armin

How to quote and why:
http://www.plig.net/nnq/nquote.html