finding network folder

Guest

Hi ,
I am a new to asp.net

i am trying to check a folder using following code

directory.exists() -- in C# code behind

it always returns false, and i can able to access it in windows explorer.

what could be the problem?

I Appreciate all the solutions

Regards,
Vijay

Mark Rae

what could be the problem?

1) That you have specified the directory incorrectly.

2) That the ASP.NET user account doesn't have permissions on the network
folder.

Are you getting any errors.

Guest

Thanks Mark Rae,

I am not getting any error, i am checking the directory following way,

Response.Write(Directory.Exists(@"z:\foldername")); -- returns false

(Z:\ is mapped to a network path)

What should i check now? Help me out,

Regards,
Vijay

Mark Rae

I am not getting any error, i am checking the directory following way,

Response.Write(Directory.Exists(@"z:\foldername")); -- returns false

(Z:\ is mapped to a network path)

What should i check now? Help me out,

Ah yes, Z:\ may very well be a network path on your development machine, but
what about the server that the ASP.NET app is running on...?