Finding out whether perl was compiled using dynamic / static linking

bernd

Hello folks,

does one of You know how to find out definitely how the perl-binary was
compiled, i.e., whether the libraries are dynamically or statically
linked ?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Bernd

Guenther Sohler

Just put this into your Makefile

rds
PERL_CFLAGS=`perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
PERL_LIBS=`perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts`

phaylon

bernd said:
does one of You know how to find out definitely how the perl-binary was
compiled, i.e., whether the libraries are dynamically or statically linked?

A rough check gave me something about Config.pm, see the manpage:
| The perl executable is obtained by linking perlmain.c with libperl, any
| static extensions (usually just DynaLoader), and any other libraries
| needed on this system. libperl is usually libperl.a, but can also be
| libperl.so.xxx if the user wishes to build a perl executable with a
| shared library.

hth,p