FireFox CTRL Click in TD

Laser Lips

Hi all.
When there are TABLE / TR / TD html elements on a page .e.g

....if you press the control (CTRL) key and click inside the TD tag,
FireFox will highlight the TD tag with a blue border.

Is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks.

Graham

David Mark

Hi all.
When there are TABLE / TR / TD html elements on a page .e.g

...if you press the control (CTRL) key and click inside the TD tag,

Looks like mousedown, not click.
FireFox will highlight the TD tag with a blue border.

Other elements as well it seems. No idea what it is doing there. At
first glance, I would guess Firebug is involved.
Is there anyway to stop this?

Do you have a mousedown listener on the element in question? Try
preventing the default action.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/event.preventDefault

Laser Lips

Looks like mousedown, not click.

Other elements as well it seems.  No idea what it is doing there.  At
first glance, I would guess Firebug is involved.

Do you have a mousedown listener on the element in question?  Try
preventing the default action.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/event.preventDefault

Thanks David, couldn't get it to cancel the highlighting, unless I
cause an error to happen. How can I throw a JavaScript error
gracefully to halt execution?

David Mark

Thanks David, couldn't get it to cancel the highlighting, unless I
cause an error to happen.  How can I throw a JavaScript error
gracefully to halt execution?

You can't. If the exception is not handled, the exit will not be
graceful.