Firefox Links Table Problem

enaitee

I have a problem with displaying a table of links in Firefox 1.5 that
displays perfectly in IE 6. My web site page www.nickataylor.com/Sites-I-
Like.html displays a table of links to other web pages. In Firefox,
while most of the table entries display nicely, certain entries are
missing entirely but show up fine in IE. Entries are either side by side
pairs or single central (colspan="2"). In one instance a side by side
pair are both absent and in three other cases only the right side member
of pairs is gone.

I've validated the html so the only error is a small one of no importance
at the bottom of the page. It's in a "search http://demoz.org" that
works OK but the validator doesn't like a bit of the paste in code.

I've tried eliminating the left panel bookmarks to make more room
thinking maybe the side by side table entries were being crowded but it
makes no difference.

I've compared missing and present table entries html of nearly identical
nature side by side and can see no difference. What I did find was
eliminating the trailing quotation mark in a link's
alt="somethingsomethingetc" magically restores the missing link which had
me searching for an extra or missing " to no avail.

Firefox will correctly display the missing link images when these are
separately called up with the path used in the link so that's ok. All
the link images are in my own directory so it's not a case of something
like "adblock" excluding web material it thinks are spam.

I've spent a good many hours in the past tracking down html syntax errors
but this time I'm stumped. I use plain 'ol MS NotePad for editing my
html. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Nick

Sym

The only diff I can see is the hung-art and the two links after it are
centre on IE and left o FF ?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

enaitee said:
I have a problem with displaying a table of links in Firefox 1.5

FWIW, the page looks the same to me in IE 6, Firefox 1.5.0.6, and Opera
9. I don't see, or notice, any missing links/images.

You should optimize a lot of those images.

David

enaitee said:
I have a problem with displaying a table of links in Firefox 1.5 that
displays perfectly in IE 6. My web site page www.nickataylor.com/Sites-I-
Like.html displays a table of links to other web pages. In Firefox,
while most of the table entries display nicely, certain entries are
missing entirely but show up fine in IE. Entries are either side by side
pairs or single central (colspan="2"). In one instance a side by side
pair are both absent and in three other cases only the right side member
of pairs is gone.

I am looking at you page in both FireFox 1.5.06 and also in MSIE
6.0.2800.1106 and they look the same.

[...]

OK, it looks like whatever is happening it is local to my installed
Firefox browser. I assume if it were a system problem ie Windows 2000 it
would show up in IE as well. So, I can forget some undiscovered html
problem. Thanks for the assist. As to some items being off center in FF
but not in IE that's a cleanup job that was in progress when I started
worrying about missing entries. IE centers everything but FF needs those
clean Firefox reinstall wouldn't be amiss. Thanks again.