Firefox (normal window) scroll bar on/off ?

still me

I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
something to scroll to (Instead of graying it out like most, it
removes it). While I suppose the correctness of that is debatable, it
causes an odd effect - if your pages center horizontally in the
browser, and some pages at your site fit in the browser window
vertically and some don't, the pages jump 20 px left and right as you
move from page to page.

Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
all the time?

dorayme

still me said:
I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
something to scroll to (Instead of graying it out like most, it
removes it). While I suppose the correctness of that is debatable, it
causes an odd effect - if your pages center horizontally in the
browser, and some pages at your site fit in the browser window
vertically and some don't, the pages jump 20 px left and right as you
move from page to page.

Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
all the time?

How about trying overflow: scroll on the body? It then reserves
the space for the bar.

Bergamot

still said:
I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
something to scroll

Is there any way to specify that FF display this "normal" scroll bar
all the time?

It's unlikely your visitors care since, assuming they even notice it at
all, it's unlikely your site is the first one where they've encountered
it. If it bothered them so much they'd start using another browser,
don't you think? So get over it.

Jonathan N. Little

still said:
I've noticed that unlike most other browsers, FF doesn't display the
normal right side vertical scroll bar in MS-Windows unless there
something to scroll to (Instead of graying it out like most, it
removes it).

Normal? Like most? What other browser does this? What you mean is not
like MS(Windows)IE