    Is it possible MSIE is right and Firefox is wrong (gasp!)?

    Chris Watson a.k.a. "The Bicycling Guitarist"
    http://www.TheBicyclingGuitarist.net/

    The Bicycling Guitarist, Nov 16, 2004

  2. The Bicycling Guitarist

    Jim Higson Guest

    Here (v1 preview) the text to the right is pushed behind the image, but
    never the buttons on the left, they just get smaller.
    Just because a MSIE bug in one special case does something you like doesn't
    make it correct!
    In this case Opera and KHTML (Safari, Konqueror) agrees with Gecko. Doesn't
    make it right, mind, but it's unlikely three standards complient browsers
    would all break the standards in the same way.

    Jim Higson, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Thanks for the quick reply. I really didn't think MSIE had it right, lol.
    Please, how can I rewrite my code to still be standards-compliant, have
    roughly the same layout/appearance, AND not have my text disappear beneath
    the graphic?

    The Bicycling Guitarist, Nov 16, 2004
  4. The Bicycling Guitarist

    Dylan Parry Guest

    I don't think that the problem is with the HTML, but with the CSS. A
    quick look makes me believe that the problem lies with the .photo style,
    and I think that it possibly has something to do with the margin
    declaration. Try removing/fiddling that and see what it does?

    Dylan Parry, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Hi Dylan.
    Removing the margin declaration made the problem worse: the graphic is not
    where it is supposed to be even when at 1024x768 using Firefox as the
    browser.

    The way it was written before, I could get down to 800x600 in MSIE before
    the graphic dropped down.

    As for fiddling, I recall much fiddling was necessary to come up with the
    numbers declared for the margins in the .photo style when I converted my
    home page from table-based layout to CSS.

    Should I post a new message in stylesheets group?
    Chris Watson a.k.a. "The Bicycling Guitarist"

    The Bicycling Guitarist, Nov 16, 2004