Folding Tree view.

farseer

Hi,
have seen some sites where there exists DHTML Tree view menus that
smoothly and eloquently slide up and down when a user expands or
collapses a node. I am wondering how this is done?

The effect i am going after is the transition...i already know how to
create these types menus and enable the user to expand and collapse
them...when a user does that, i'd like the menu to sort of roll or
unfold down smoothly, rather than in a the quick jerky type way it does
currently.

Currently all i am doing is toggling the DIV's display style

Joshie Surber

If for some reason you don't want to case-and-paste the code from a
site you have already seen this on, slow reveal effects are available
in several JavaScript libraries. You can just add the code to the view
you are already using, if the menu is made using markup rather than JS.
If you are using Prototype already, script.aculo.us has this effect in
it and is built on Prototype. This is also in Dojo, but if you aren't
using a library already, I would recommend jQuery, due to it's small
size and clean code.

farseer

incredibly, i have followed your advice and visted a few sites
including they ones you mention, but i do not see any code that does
what i am looking form...