For Loop

Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am wonder if someone could explain to me, how this for loop works.

public class DoWhat
{
public static void main(string[] args)
{
int x = 0;
int i;
for ( i = 1; i <=4; i++)
{
x = x + (i*i +3);
System.out.printf("%4d %4d\n", i,x);
}// end of loop
}//end main
} //end class DoWhat

i know that the output is

1 4
2 11
3 23
4 43

how dose it come to this out put??

Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Enhanced for loop in Java
As of Java 5, the enhanced for loop was introduced. This is mainly used to traverse collection of elements including arrays.
Learn Java here:https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-java

Syntax
Following is the syntax of enhanced for loop −

for(declaration : expression) {
// Statements
}

  • Declaration − The newly declared block variable, is of a type compatible with the elements of the array you are accessing. The variable will be available within the for block and its value would be the same as the current array element.

  • Expression − This evaluates to the array you need to loop through. The expression can be an array variable or method call that returns an array.
Example
public class Test {

int [] numbers = {10, 20, 30, 40, 50};

for(int x : numbers ) {
System.out.print( x );
System.out.print(",");
}
System.out.print("\n");
String [] names = {"James", "Larry", "Tom", "Lacy"};

for( String name : names ) {
System.out.print( name );
System.out.print(",");
This will produce the following result −

Output
10, 20, 30, 40, 50,
James, Larry, Tom, Lacy,

Joined
Feb 6, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am wonder if someone could explain to me, how this for loop works.

public class DoWhat
{
public static void main(string[] args)
{
int x = 0;
int i;
for ( i = 1; i <=4; i++)
{
x = x + (i*i +3);
System.out.printf("%4d %4d\n", i,x);
}// end of loop
}//end main
} //end class DoWhat

i know that the output is

1 4
2 11
3 23
4 43

how dose it come to this out put??
The main thing you'll have to remember for here is that the update expression or even called as the loop iteration part takes place after the body of the loop is executed... so, let's take a look at the dry run:
i is initialized to 1
next, x is updated as solve the expression within the brackets which gives us (1*1+3) this becomes 4. Hence x gets the value of 4.
Then comes the standard printing procedure. After this increment and use the value of i which now becomes 2.
Now, bracket expression becomes (2*2+3) which is 7 now add the value of x to this which is 4, resulting in x becoming 11 and similarly it goes on.
Hope this helps.
Cheers