Force index.html

Clay Harryman

I've found a script that will force-load index.html. It is below:
(thanks to the authors!)

<!-- Hide script from old browsers
// This script copyright 1997, Tom Negrino and Dori Smith.
// This script is from "JavaScript for the WWW, Visual QuickStart
Guide, 2nd Ed."
// For more information, see <http://www.chalcedony.com/java
script/>.
// This script may be used and modified, but the copyright notice
must remain intact.
if (top.location == self.location) {
// change the url below to the url of the
// frameset page...
top.location.href = "index.html";
}
// End -->

This script quite nicely takes you back to my index page. I would like
to know if anyone out there knows how to make it load the page you
wanted. My line of thinking is, if you want to load
http://home.houston.rr.com/harrymanfamily/archives/07.18.2005.html, it
would load the index page with navframes (I know - don't give me a hard
time about frames! :), then, in the main-frame load
archives/07.18.2005.html.

Any ideas?

Adios,
Clay

Stewart Gordon

Clay Harryman wrote:
(I know - don't give me a hard time about frames! :)
<snip>

And don't give your visitors a hard time about viewing your site without
the frames if they want to.

http://webtips.dan.info/force.html

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

BootNic

Clay Harryman said:
[...]

The following may be an example of what you are looking for.

<head>
<title></title>
</head>

<iframe src="http://i.1asphost.com/BootNic/BibleKJVR/1Peter.htm" width="700"
height="400"></iframe>

--
BootNic Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:39 PM

When you're having a really bad day and it seems like people are trying to piss you off, remember it
takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to extend your finger and flip them off.
*Unknown*