force recursive source filtering

Andrew Schulman

I want to apply a source filter, via say Filter::Simple, not just to a
particular source file, but to all of the source files that it may do, require,
or use. E.g., if I've built a source filter in mySourceFilter, then in

use mySourceFilter;
use custommodule;
print ...

the code that resides in the above source file will be filtered, but the code
that it reads in from custommodule.pm will not. This is what
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfilter.html says, and my observation confirms it.

What I want is to modify the do, require, and use statements to automatically
apply mySourceFilter to every file they load. But I don't know how.

Anyone done this? Suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Andrew Schulman

The newsgroup comp.lang.perl is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc.

Thank you.
Andrew.