Form not submitting after disabled button

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by chad.arimura, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. chad.arimura

    chad.arimura Guest

    I've got a form inside a PHP script that posts to itself, does some
    processing on the PHP side, and if it looks good, PHP sends a HEADER
    command that redirects the user out. All was fine until I added a
    button disabler onSubmit to keep users from submitting twice. Now the
    form disables the button as requested but just refreshes the page... it
    doesn't get to the HEADER command.

    Any idea what the problem might be?

    <script language="Javascript">
    function disable(theForm) {
    theForm.send_email.disabled = true
    return (true)
    }
    </script>

    <form action="<?=$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]?t=$_GET[t]?>" method=post name=form
    onSubmit="return disable(this)">

    Thanks a ton,
    Chad

    chad.arimura, Apr 2, 2005

  2. chad.arimura

    RobB Guest

    Is there anything in that php that examines the send_email
    ($_POST['send_email'] e.g.) data? That button won't submit any if it's
    disabled.

    RobB, Apr 2, 2005