Form "post" to page with onother encoding

Sergi Adamchuk

I have on my site a form. I specified another site as action to this
form. But that another form has different encoding. How do I decode
text in input of my form?

Jonathan N. Little

Sergi said:
I have on my site a form. I specified another site as action to this
form. But that another form has different encoding. How do I decode
text in input of my form?
How about a hint, a url, some code, what encoding perhaps...

Dan

Sergi said:
My page is in Windows-1251 charset

Bad idea; any of those Windows-xxxx charsets are vendor-specific and
not a good idea for use on the wider Internet, even if they have
belatedly been submitted to the standards bodies as official charset
designations.
Which sends values entered in fields to another site (not mine)
http://somesite.com/someform.php this site is in UTF-8 encoding, when
on my site I enter values in Cyrillic that another site recognizes not
propertly chars.

It would probably be best for you to convert your own site to UTF-8
too, for maximum compatibility with multilingual characters.

[top-posting snipped]