Form Validation Indicator (Yes/No)

Chance Hopkins

Is there anyway to have a message pop up by my submit button that says "the
form didn't validate, check above"?

Then the user can look at the individual validation messages by each field.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Gabri=EBl=40Home=22?=

Chance said:
Is there anyway to have a message pop up by my submit button that says "the
form didn't validate, check above"?

Then the user can look at the individual validation messages by each field.
I wouldn't use a popup.

As I can read this, it's standard Validation with the Standard
validation controls. In stead of Error Message you use the Text
attribute (if i'm right), which will appear upon errors and on the
position you placed the validator (not the summary). (I personally also
change the backcolor of incorrect fields to make it easier to find).

Have a search for how it works exactly.

Else search for javascript.

Chance Hopkins

Peter Blum said:
Add the ValidationSummary control to the page.

That sounds like exactly what I was after. Thanks!!
Then set the ValidationSummary.ShowMessageBox property to true.

When I said "pop up" I didn't mean to imply a javascript alert, I'll be more
careful with wording next time. I just meant inline in the page.

You gave me what I need though. Thanks again.