    - Codeplex RTF Control (http://www.codeplex.com/rte). Required a good
    knowledge of javascript to perform basic functions.

    - Freetextbox (www.freetextbox.com). Too buggy.

    Mike, Dec 3, 2007

  2. Mark Rae [MVP], Dec 3, 2007

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Dec 3, 2007
  4. Mike

    Smithers Guest

    You generally get what you pay for - except when you're a non profit --
    sometimes companies will cut you a great deal.

    I don't know if this company will give you a break, but CuteEditor is a very
    powerful and highly configurable editor:

    http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx

    -HTH

    Smithers, Dec 3, 2007
  5. Mark Rae [MVP], Dec 3, 2007
  6. Mike

    Duy Lam Guest

    Did you try http://www.fckeditor.net/ ?

    Duy Lam, Dec 3, 2007
  7. FCK editor's been working flawlessly for me.

    Brian Simmons, Dec 3, 2007
  8. Mike

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    Right now I am looking into oboutSuite. It is free and has editor and spell
    checker. Haven't done alot with it but samples look good.

    LS

    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 3, 2007
  9. I think you misread the obout site, I believe only a few of their products
    are free such as the show and flyout components. The editor is not according
    to http://www.obout.com/inc/purchase.aspx. That said, their suite is very
    reasonably priced.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 3, 2007
  10. Mike

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    Ok did not see that. I have downloaded and tried out the controls without
    any nag or indication of downgraded functionallity.

    Thanks
    Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 3, 2007
  11. Mike

    nickc Guest

    Try XStandard (http://www.xstandard.com). It's a browser plug-in so
    has to be downloaded before use, but this is painless. It's easy to
    implement, generates valid XHTML and uses web services to upload
    files / images and do spell checking. Content editing aspect is free,
    but using the web services requires a licence (for XStandard Pro).

    Nick Crowther

    nickc, Dec 3, 2007
  12. Mike

    John Graham Guest

    I read these about them working fine, but is anyone actually using any
    of them in an update panel. I'm seeing that they all break once that
    level of complexity is added.

    John Graham, Dec 4, 2007