Free ASP.NET RichText Textbox Control?

Mike

Hi. I'm trying to find a FREE (and good) RichText Textbox control for
ASP.NET. It's for a nonprofit site so I literally can't spend any money to
obtain one. I have tried the found and tried the following but they both had
serious limitations and won't work. Anyone know of any others???? Thanks.

- Codeplex RTF Control (http://www.codeplex.com/rte). Required a good
knowledge of javascript to perform basic functions.

- Freetextbox (www.freetextbox.com). Too buggy.

Duy Lam

Mike said:
Hi. I'm trying to find a FREE (and good) RichText Textbox control for
ASP.NET. It's for a nonprofit site so I literally can't spend any money to
obtain one. I have tried the found and tried the following but they both had
serious limitations and won't work. Anyone know of any others???? Thanks.

- Codeplex RTF Control (http://www.codeplex.com/rte). Required a good
knowledge of javascript to perform basic functions.

- Freetextbox (www.freetextbox.com). Too buggy.

Did you try http://www.fckeditor.net/ ?

Lloyd Sheen

Brian Simmons said:
FCK editor's been working flawlessly for me.

Right now I am looking into oboutSuite. It is free and has editor and spell
checker. Haven't done alot with it but samples look good.

LS

Mark Fitzpatrick

I think you misread the obout site, I believe only a few of their products
are free such as the show and flyout components. The editor is not according
to http://www.obout.com/inc/purchase.aspx. That said, their suite is very
reasonably priced.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

Lloyd Sheen

Mark Fitzpatrick said:
I think you misread the obout site, I believe only a few of their products
are free such as the show and flyout components. The editor is not
according to http://www.obout.com/inc/purchase.aspx. That said, their suite
is very reasonably priced.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

Ok did not see that. I have downloaded and tried out the controls without
any nag or indication of downgraded functionallity.

Thanks
Lloyd Sheen

nickc

Try XStandard (http://www.xstandard.com). It's a browser plug-in so
has to be downloaded before use, but this is painless. It's easy to
implement, generates valid XHTML and uses web services to upload
files / images and do spell checking. Content editing aspect is free,
but using the web services requires a licence (for XStandard Pro).

Nick Crowther

John Graham

I read these about them working fine, but is anyone actually using any
of them in an update panel. I'm seeing that they all break once that
level of complexity is added.