Free VHDL Simulator

Basuki Endah Priyanto

Hi All,

Anyone can give some ideas, is there any free VHDL simulator ?

Modelsim is very good but the price is quite expensive :(

Cheers.

Basuki

Tuukka Toivonen

Anyone can give some ideas, is there any free VHDL simulator ?

You should check out Google archives of this group. It has been discussed
several times. In short, free as freedom alternatives:
- Savant
- GHDL
- FreeHDL
Savant and GHDL are probably best, FreeHDL was missing quite many
features when I last time looked (granted, quite a long time ago).

But I guess you're just looking for some no-cost software.
Simili from SymphonyEDA used to be free, I don't know if it still is.
Use Google to find it.