    Modelsim is very good but the price is quite expensive :(

    Cheers.

    Basuki

    Basuki Endah Priyanto, Aug 15, 2003

  2. You should check out Google archives of this group. It has been discussed
    several times. In short, free as freedom alternatives:
    - Savant
    - GHDL
    - FreeHDL
    Savant and GHDL are probably best, FreeHDL was missing quite many
    features when I last time looked (granted, quite a long time ago).

    But I guess you're just looking for some no-cost software.
    Simili from SymphonyEDA used to be free, I don't know if it still is.
    Use Google to find it.

    Tuukka Toivonen, Aug 15, 2003