from Tkinter import *,win = Tk() "from Tkinter import *"

Pierre Dagenais

from Tkinter import *
win = Tk()

If I type those two lines at the command prompt (in WindowsXP) I get a
new window on my screen. Yet if I copy those lines in a file called
test.py and then run "python test.py" at the command prompt I am
returned to the command prompt and nothing shows up on the screen. Is
this normal behavior or is it a bug?

Thanks to all who responded to my previous post, it was quite helpfull.