Full-time Position Available in CA

Amy Doughten

Hello - I looked through the forums and wasn't sure where to post this
opportunity; please feel free to email me with any questions. If you are
interested or know of someone who would be a good fit, my email is
(e-mail address removed). Thanks everyone; I appreciate your time. Amy

We are looking with someone with Ruby/Rails programming experience for
the following position:

MySQL/Oracle Database Developer

We're seeking a World Class MySQL/Oracle Developer for a position in our
Pasadena, CA office. You will assist in developing and maintaining high
performance, scalable database driven applications for our web portal.
Our portal serves as the gateway to the Internet for millions of users
and is a significant factor in both adding value to our product
offerings and generating revenue. We're looking for an enthusiastic,
detail
oriented team player with excellent communication skills and a desire to
build top-notch RDBMS solutions.

This is a fulltime job with an excellent salary, benefits, 401k and
stock options. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate.

Responsibilities:

-Develop data driven applications using technologies like ActiveRecord,
Hibernate, and JDO
-Design High Availability solutions for MySQL and Oracle databases.
-Ensure performance optimization and tune SQL queries.
-Analyze and optimize MySQL and Oracle database performance.
-Create data manipulation programs/scripts as necessary.

You will work in a mixed environment with Linux, Solaris, MySQL and
Oracle in various configurations. As a database developer you will not
be part of the production database support team, and you will not carry
a pager.

Requirements:

-BS in CS or equivalent experience
-Strong background in database concepts (Normalization, ACID, etc.).
-Excellent Java programming skills.
-At least 2 years developing MySQL based applications.
-At least 1 year of Oracle development experience.
-Proven experience with database replication techniques, complexities,
automation,
monitoring and high-availability strategies.
-Very good shell scripting or programming in UNIX environment
-Expertise in SQL
-Solid Unix, Linux skills
-Your references must speak glowingly of you.
-Ruby/Rails programming a big plus.