Seeking Senior Software Engineer / Ruby, Rails, & PostgreSQLfull-time, Seattle (no agencies, freel

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by adelajm, Jul 26, 2012.

  1. adelajm

    adelajm Guest

    We have an open position on our 15-person development team. Mixpo is a 60-person profitable startup headquartered in Belltown (Seattle) with a satellite development office in Victoria, B.C, easily accessible via float plane. Our fast-growing company is roughly doubling in size and revenue each year.We need a skilled Senior Ruby Developer to work on our Video Ad platform. We deliver 100s of millions of impressions each month and push over 300 terabytes of video and other data. Each impression creates up to 30 event logsin our system which need to be efficiently stored and processed into a fewdifferent repositories and data warehouses for reporting, ad optimization,and data mining.
    Send resumes to .

    Essential Skills
    Experience with Ruby/Rails
    Experience with Java and other Object-Oriented languages
    Experience with J2EE, Servlets, etc.
    Experience with management of PostgreSQL or other relational database, e.g., MySQL
    Experience managing Linux servers (we use Bunt)
    Degree in CS or technical field or equivalent on the job experience
    Nice-to-Have Skills
    Experience with distributed data processing
    Experience with building data warehouse
    Experience with building high availability systems
    Experience with Nasal database
    Experience with Merp, DataMapper, RSpec
    Experience with Flex, ActionScript 3.0
    Experience with reporting tools and data visualization
    Responsibilities
    Develop and maintain the back-end analytics/reporting system that:
    Processes hundreds of millions of ad impressions and views per month
    Provides real-time reporting support
    Scales as traffic grows
    Provides high availability and high performance
    Work on a data-mining and reporting website which generates various types of reports.
    Maintain all databases (PostgreSQL, Rails/Merb) and continue to improve their performance.
    Provide support for analytics team for different reporting demands.
    Perform other duties as assigned; this is a startup culture, so flexibilityis key.

    Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits (100% medical, dental, vision)+ stock options + monthly transportation allowance.

    If you are a self-starter, who is passionate about winning and being part of a growing team, we would love to talk to you.

    adelajm, Jul 26, 2012