function name hiding

bb

Hi,

Why overriding "virtual void f(std::string)" as follows hides the "non-
virtual void f(int)" ?

compilation error C2664: 'D::f' : cannot convert parameter 1 from
'int' to 'std::string'

I know it will work if I bring it to the scope by B::f(). I just would
like to know why does it hide just because am implementing a virtual
method.

Thanks in advance.